Calling All Transition Teams in NYS! Do you know a young adult with hearing & vision loss between the ages of 14 – 21? The Interdisciplinary Transition Team Initiative (ITTI) is an academic year-long transition planning initiative that incorporates evidence based practices for young adults who have combined hearing and vision loss between the ages of 14-21, their families and educational team members.
The overall purpose of the ITTI is to bring interdisciplinary team members together to identify and support the goals of a young adult who is deaf-blind. Once transition teams have been established they will participate in two face-to-face sessions and monthly web meetings over the 2014-2015 school year. These monthly sessions are supplemented with transition planning activities. The teams are provided with guiding principles and practical tools that have proven successful for transition-age young adults who are deaf-blind. Staff from the New York Deaf-Blind Collaborative will provide on-going support throughout the initiative.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Young adults who are deaf-blind (combined hearing & vision loss)
- Between the ages of 14-21
- Resides in New York State
- Young adult who is deaf-blind
- Commitment from transition team & support from administration
- Family participation
- Attendance at two face-to-face meetings (1 in Fall 2014, 1 in Spring 2015)
- Participation in monthly web meetings
- Completion of transition planning activities
- Local travel
The ITTI kicks-off September 2014! For more information or to register your team please contact:
*If you live outside of NYS but are interested in participating, please contact us and we will connect you with your respective state deaf-blind project.