The New York DCDT strives to increase collaboration efforts in effective transition planning for individuals with disabilities by reducing the duplication of efforts and aligning resources and communication.
2016-2017 NY DCDT GOALS
- The New York DCDT chapter will collaborate in planning and coordinating a bi-annual NYS transition professional development institute scheduled for November, 2016
- The NY DCDT chapter will have an active presence at the NY CEC annual conference by submitting a presentation proposal and establishing a recruiting booth. Increase DCDT membership.
- Increase DCDT membership across New York State through material dissemination, direct mailings and quarterly newsletter.
- Continue to build an effective means of communicating career development and transition related information to all interested parties in New York State such as, parent organizations, state technical assistance networks, community agencies, relevant state offices, local education agencies and NY state residents with disabilities.
- In effort to build transition capacity within NYS, we are actively seeking collaborative relationships specifically targeting families, schools and community based organizations.
Board Meeting Dates
- September 7, 2017- phone conference 8 am-9 am
- October 4, 2017- Annual Meeting in Saratoga Springs, NY 5 pm-6 pm
- December 8, 2017- phone conference 8 am-9 am
- February 26, 2018- phone conference 4 pm- 5 pm
- April 13, 2018- phone conference 8 am- 9 am
- June 4, 2018- phone conference 4 pm- 5 pm
- July 30-31, 2018- Summer Retreat in Ithaca, NY
Board Meeting Minutes
- Cathy Pantelides– President (email@example.com)
- Cynthia Roth, Vice President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Open,President Elect ()
- Michael Mastrocinque, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Colleen Crisell, Treasurer (CCrisell@ocmboces.org)
- Nancy Hinkley, Membership Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Letah Graff, Past President (email@example.com)
- Kate Ferguson, (Kferguson@boces.org)
- Carol Watros (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Rachel Howard, (email@example.com)
- Patti Davis, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andrew Greenwald, (email@example.com)
- Bruce A. Shields, Ph.D., (firstname.lastname@example.org)
NYS CHAPTER – DIVISION OF CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND TRANSITION OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR EXCEPTIONAL CHILDREN, INC. (NYDCDT), is a domestic not-for-profit corporation