To join DCDT you must join our parent organization, the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and indicate on the application that you would like to join the DCDT division. Make sure to join the New York State Chapter of CEC!
Joining DCDT Entitles You to an Array of Benefits
- National, regional, state, provincial, and local conferences that offer the opportunity for continuing education units (CEU’s)
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and leaders in the field of transition.
- Forums to contribute to the field through publications, conferences, and informal meetings.
- Acquire implementation tools and practical strategies that can be applied in individual settings.
Receipt of research-based and current publications, including:
- Career Development of Exceptional Individuals (CDEI) journal providing research-based and practical descriptions of models, programs, and strategies.
- DCDT Network Newsletter providing latest information on legislation, projects, resources materials, and model programs.
Visit the CEC New Member Page for complete information on membership categories and benefits. Remember to check the “Division On Career Development and Transition” Division when you join!
Register by Phone
Use a credit card and call CEC’s Constituent Services Center at 888-232-7733 or TTY 703-264-9446 between 9 am and 6 pm EST.
Register by FAX or Mail
Download the applications, fill it out and either fax it to 703-264-9494, or send it to:
PO Box 79026
Baltimore, MD 21279-0026